Wednesday 26 January 2011

*Rise and Shine! - Blueberry and Yoghurt Scones*

After a very gluttonous Xmas and New year... and a few Birthday celebrations to boot already this year (!!!)....It has been no surprise that  have started to feel very deflated and...
.....at the same time...very INflated ...haha.....


So....back to Weightwatchers I go....Virtually of course....Online Weightwatchers to be precise...the fat fighters of the cyber world : )  Such a joy!...
...But for me, it is working again, so I am chuffed that I have decided to go back. A really hard thing to do when you are trying so many different foodie adventures at one time!!....


I lost the healthy 2lbs last week that I was meant to have done....and with that sweet tooth of mine...it really is a test of willpower!


Flicking through the latest copy of their magazine today at lunchtime, I noticed, and could not help but be intrigued to read that the breakfast pages had a recipe for some very cute looking Blueberry & Yoghurt Scones.....


....This is Miss Sue Flay speaking here, when I say......HOW COULD I RESIST?!....

And much to my EXTREMELY pleasant surprise!.....They are delicious and SO simple to make!....You could honestly rustle these up in 20 minutes before getting ready for work if you wanted a good hearty breakfast before you left home.


So I share the recipe with you fellow blogger....Give it a go!....It took me 5 Minutes to whip up these little bundles of blueberry love!!!......And just 12 minutes to bake in the oven!!!......


*Rise and Shine! - Blueberry and Yoghurt Scones*

3 Propoints per scone      125 Calories per scone        
15 Minutes to prepare      Total cost £2.35`


Serve each scone with tbsp 0% fat Greek Yoghurt and 
2 tbsp blueberries for an extra Propoints value of 1


Ingredients: 


200g (7oz) Self Raising Flour
60g (2oz) Low Fat Spread
60g (2oz) Caster Sugar
1 Egg
2 Tbsp 0% Fat Greek Yoghurt (I used Natural Yoghurt, which works just as well)
20 Blueberries approx (I actually put 3 or 4 in each scone, but each to their own!)
1 tbsp Skimmed Milk for Brushing




1) Pre heat oven to 220*c and line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Put the flour in a large bowl (reserve 1 tbsp for rolling) and rub together with the spread until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar. 


2) Add the egg and Yoghurt and mix with a spoon or knife until it forms a dough, then use your hands to bring it together. Tip onto your floured surface and roll the dough to 1cm thickness. 


3) Take a 5cm (2in) cutter and cut 10 rounds. Use your hands to make balls, pushing 3 or 4 blueberries into each piece of dough. Then brush with milk and put on the prepared baking tray. 



4) Bake in the oven for 12 minutes. Once cooked, transfer the scones to a wire rack and leave to cool. 






Store in an airtight container and eat within 3 days. 


Enjoy : ) 


MSF 


xxxx

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this recipe. Sounds yummy for our Afternoon Tea of the Royal Court of Tea Sisters at my home Sunday afternoon. I only hope they turn out with American ingredients and measurements. I'll try my best. And I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete