Friday 18 July 2014

What's Happened To Miss Sue Flay?! (An Honest Update)

Miss Sue Flay Stir Up MediaOk... I'm blogging "freestyle" here, no plans, no rules, no worries, just me and my thoughts to fill you all in on why I've been so quiet of late. So, firstly, I've been busy starting up a new business... Stir Up Media was born a few months ago from my love of media, social media and of course blogging & writing. I've built my brand as "Miss Sue Flay over these years through these platforms and I'm now offering my personal services to help other brands or businesses to do the same. If I can help you in any way, please do drop me a line, I would love to help you out with my business-to-business services or perhaps some training and workshops. I'm about to join a very exciting collaborative workspace on a farm in the Cambridgeshire countryside and we have plans ahoy, so if you're interested in the same passions as me, or want to learn from me, then head over to Stir Up Media, sign up to my mailing list, read my blog and enjoy following my social media channels through this new offering. Thank you in advance for your support on this one! I know a few people have recently wondered what I'm up to, so I feel a quick update could be handy for the readers who might be interested. In fact, this weekend is monumental for me... for several reasons. Miss Sue Flay Stir Up MediaIt's a very emotional/bizarre day for me today... As of 6pm this Friday evening, I will be officially self-employed 100%! I've been working as a nanny/household manager for the last 19 months (since my redundancy from Play.com - not many people know this is where I started my Twitter infatuation whilst juggling work & my Miss Sue Flay persona!) and today I'm leaving the part-time role I have with this family to focus on Stir Up Media 100%. This means I can take on even more clients and projects and plan a very exciting future, it's a little daunting, but it's the right time. I've had SO much fun looking after these two guys and I'm going to miss them so much, but it's time to focus and look to a future of self sufficiency - I certainly won't miss that school run every weekday! "Miss Sue Flay" is still here, still enjoying food & drink, hotels & spas and of course, her afternoon tea... it's my passion, my hobby and this blog is going nowhere. I'm planning a few new reviews in the near future and I'm headed to a very exciting and top secret afternoon tea next week - so you'll have to keep an eye on my Twitter & Facebook to find out where I'm off to if you can't wait for the blogs! Cat Miss Sue Flay Stir Up MediaAnother reason being that I am headed to London with the gorgeous Cat of The Teatime Treatery (a great cake friend of mine) where we will be joining Kat Williams, Gala Darling & Shauna Haider at Blogcademy in a trendy venue in Shoreditch. This is a very exciting 2 day workshop, all based around the world of blogging and these ladies make it seriously fun... I've lusted over a spot on this course for years and I've finally decided to take the plunge to help me get my blogging mojo back! I've been blogging lots of business advice and freelancing inspiration through Stir Up Media and I think I've been so focussed on this side of things that Miss Sue Flay has been neglected a little - I know, I know, just terrible, but all is not lost - I have plans galore!  I have no real idea what to expect, all I know is that I am going to learn a heck of a lot and meet some pretty awesome people over the next few days... I'm nervous, excited, a little scared and very intrigued to see where the course content will take my overactive imagination...! So, watch this space... and my social media activity over the next few days (and weeks!) - It'll no doubt be filled with new blogging inspiration and some very pretty pictures. Cat Miss Sue Flay Stir Up MediaCat and I also have plotted a few food pitstops whilst we are visiting the capital, naturally! So excited! Here's to a very exciting weekend/week ahead/future!!! Wish me luck...eek! Miss Sue Flay

No comments:

Post a Comment